In addition to its many benefits, CBD may also help in giving you healthy, clear, and glowing skin. If you are all about this, then we’ve got some interesting things you would love to know.
If you are already on some form of a skincare regimen and it does not seem to work, maybe it’s time to try out CBD, but not just any form of CBD, a CBD topical. Over the years, CBD has proved to be a promising remedy to a suite of mental and physical health conditions. It has also been proven that eliminating many skin diseases as well as relieving pain are some of the benefits that CBD offers.
What is CBD?
Starting from the basics, CBD is short for cannabidiol, which is a naturally occurring compound that is found in the cannabis plant. Most times when you hear cannabis, you think of the famed euphoric high, and as a result, it has been believed that CBD causes that since its origin is the cannabis plant. However, research into the cannabis plant revealed that CBD does not cause even a sliver of euphoric high. Rather, another chemical, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is what is responsible for that.
How Does CBD Work?
The human body has a unique system called the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for regulating certain functions in the body like sleep etc. The system works hand in hand with cannabinoid receptors to perform its functions. Research suggested that there are two types of cannabinoid receptors: CBD1 receptors which are spread through your nervous system and brain, and CB2 receptors which are found in the tissues of your immune system. CBD acts on those cannabinoid receptors to produce different effects in and on your body. CBD regulates and may even block certain receptors to result in you feeling relaxed, with a lighter mood, and nulled pain.
What Is A CBD Topical
Think of it as a balm or lotion, but not your conventional balm or lotion, this time it contains CBD. In essence, CBD topicals are topical solutions infused with cannabidiol. They usually contain hemp seeds and hemp flower extracts in addition to the usual lotion ingredients. As its name implies, you also apply it directly to your skin like a lotion.
Compared to your conventional lotion, CBD penetrates easily into your skin to moisturize and nourish your skin cells.
Benefits of CBD Topicals
Here are some of the key benefits of CBD topicals for your skin:
- CBD is rich in vital antioxidants. The job of those antioxidants is to reduce the healing time of scars as well as to mitigate the effects of allergens on your skin.
- CBD has healing properties that aid your skin in fighting against certain diseases.
- Since hemp also contains vitamin D and vitamin E, and a lot of vitamin B complexes, it helps in preventing the aging of your skin, giving you that youthful glow.
- CBD is already popular for its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. Although in the form of CBD topicals, it is only good for localized areas like a bruised ankle or knee.
- CBD helps to regulate the production of sebum, this is an oil that the skin produces and it can block skin pores resulting in acne. By regulating this, CBD also helps in treating acne.
- CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties also help in preventing itching and breakouts of eczema.
How To Get A CBD Topical
If you are looking for the best CBD lotion, you should know that not all outlet stores sell CBD products. You can find them in CBD stores, but just make sure to buy from a reputable store, and buy a product from a reputable manufacturer.